Thursday, July 3, 2008

My Testimony

Therefore there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set you free from the law of sin and of death. For what the Law could not do, weak as it was through the flesh, God did: sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh and as an offering for sin, He condemned sin in the flesh, so that the requirement of the Law might be fulfilled in us, who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.

Romans 8:1-4
If you haven't noticed yet by the title, and by the scripture, I am going to write about my testimony. Like it says above, there is NO CONDEMNATION for those in Him. Which means if you are saved, its all good, God forgave you of all that. At youth group my friend was talking about her testimony and how even though she was forgiven she kind of thought it was still there. But guess what, she knows and I know that it's not. When you get saved God takes it all away and that was the old person and you are now new through Christ. That's what baptism symbolizes.The old dying and the new rising. I know to some of you guys this may be a shocking thing to hear, I mean my testimony. Some stuff I have never told anyone. I was to ashamed to tell anyone. But I thought why? God forgave me. If you think less of me then that's your problem, not mine. But the good news is that God made me new. Glory to God!! So now my story.
I grew up in a church going family. From the outside you would have thought wow, she has got the best life ever. But really it wasn't all that. My dad was angry and would just burst out and flip out randomly for no reason. Just because of that, doesn't mean I have an excuse to do that though, and I forgive him and stuff but whatever. My mom is the best she is so loving and I luv her so much even though we disagree sometimes. Anyways when I was like 5 I asked God into my heart and I got a prize and whatever. But I wasn't really saved. So life went on. I kept thinking I was saved even though I wasn't living the life or anything like that. In 6th grade my father got taken out of our house and more recently I was in 9th grade and my parents are divorced. It is hard sometimes because he is my dad but God takes care of me and I am happy. Anyways when I was in 6th grade an old friend of mine came over and wanted to show me this website, so I was like sure that's cool. Little did I know that she was about to show me a bad site that no one should go to. So I was like omw that's kind of weird. So she left and I was like I wonder what that was so I went back to it. And I went back to it and again, and again, and again. Until little did I know it had a hold on me. Then I started feeling like hey if they can do crap like that and other things why not me. I never did that stuff but I did things to make myself feel like it. I always justified it and said ooohh yeah there is nothing wrong with no one's getting hurt. It was hurting others adn me. Every time I would do it I would feel so guilty and be like I am soo sorry God please forgive me. But I would just go and do it again. I was the angriest person I was so hateful. I liked my friends I hated my family I was mad at what my life was like and all this other stuff. About a year ago I just got so fed up with always being mad and always messing up that I just cried out to God and asked him to save me. And ever since then I have been quite a happy person and God is still working on me. I am probably the biggest project he has lol. The the bad site has completely taken away my innocence and I am very regretful of it. When we were at YFN during the Purity session one of the interns told her testimony and my story was her story except for her mother not being there for her. And I had so much condemnation from what I did I just couldn't move on. After we went up to the alter the interns came to talk to us and the one that talked to me asked me if I had asked for forgiveness and I was like yeah, and she said God forgave me then and there is no condemnation in Christ. So praise God I am saved. Let this be encouraging or whatever but remember there is NO CONDEMNATION in Christ.
Luv your sister in Christ,
Ellie

2 comments:

Naomi Elle Schwartz said...

Hey Hillary,

Thank you for just opening your heart in such an honest way, and being real and glorifying God for what He's done in you. I wanna encourage you with a verse that has really helped me in the past - cause I've struggled with the area of sexual lust, too.

Titus 1:15 says, "To the pure, all things are pure; but to those who are defiled and unbelieving, nothing is pure, but both their mind and their conscience are defiled."

When you confessed your sin before God, you went from "unbelieving" to "Believing"--everything became different. Your mind and conscience is CLEAN, and pure, and righteous!!! There are regrets for the past... but THANK YOU LORD there is redemption of those things that were lost.

Keep looking at our Savior!

Love in Christ,
Naomi

Raven-Haired Girl said...

I admire you for opening up like you did. Praise God because He is such a forgiving God. No matter where our struggles lie, He is faithful to supply the grace we need, and it is ALWAYS sufficient.

LOVE YOU GIRL.
Use this testimony as a way to glorify Christ, for what He has done in you! God is amazing.