Friday, June 5, 2009

Severity of God

God has been speaking to me about being more serious about Him. We live our lives in our own world, making God the 2ND most important thing, when we ourselves are the first. This is so wrong, and ungodly. God should always be number one in our lives.
In the bible it says that there is a time to speak and a time to be silent. I believe that all to often we are silent. God has given us unending opportunities to be a witness to the people around us, our coworkers, schoolmates, people that check us out in the grocery store. Why don't we speak up and tell these people about the most amazing gift ever given?? Because we are too prideful and don't have the fear of God but the fear of man. We are to fear God more than our own parents. When your parents say something, you generally get up and go and do what they say. But when God tells us to get up and go talk to that person we think " oh, someone else will talk to them" or "That wasn't God, it was just a passing thought." Why do we think that we can ignore what God says, the being that can send you to hell, that has your life in His hands but we feel that we MUST obey our parents instantly. I'm not saying to disobey your parents, but why do we fear them and obey them better than God?? It's SO wrong! We are wanting people to get saved, and we wonder when they are not getting saved, what is going on?? Yea well, its us guys! We have to intercede for the lost. How I think of it as is a bridge that it broken. The lost on one side and Jesus on the other side. We are in the middle we intercede for their soul.
intercede :
to act or interpose in behalf of someone in difficulty or trouble, as by pleading or petition
to attempt to reconcile differences between two people or groups; mediate.

We stand in the middle, fill in the gap so that our friends and family that are lost can get to Jesus. If we aren't praying and crying for mercy for their souls, who is going to pray for those lost souls!!! We need to be serious about the lost, we need to have the burden that Christ has for the lost. Sometimes we read the bible and just read it, but not take it seriously. When the bible says don't lie, we don't lie. When the bible says pray for the lost, PRAY FOR THE LOST!!! It's not just suggesting it, it's saying it for a reason!! Something else I believe we need to be more serious and helpful for the kingdom of God is to be encouragers. The bible says to encourage one another. When your out chillin with your friends, heck yes!! joke around have fun, but also, the center of your lives is Christ, then He should show up in your conversations sometime. So while you and your friends are together, encourage each other, tell each other what your going through, what God is doing in your lives. I can tell you from my own life, that when I talk to my friends about things I am struggling with and what God is doing in me, I am strengthened. They give me counsel and help to strive for more. When they talk about what God is doing in them, I am so encouraged to see God working in people's lives. When I talk to Payton, we have so much fun talking, not only because we're like best friends, but because God is the center of both of our lives and our conversations almost always go to Christ and something He's showing us or just something about God. When Christ is the center, it will be the center of you converstation. I am always encouraged and come out stronger from that convo then when I went in. I just praise God for Godly friends, I feel very blessed. So just to encourage and challenge you guys, Be serious about God and make a point to talk to your friends about God when you get together, encourage each other, help each other out!!
God Bless

No comments: